Thursday, April 10, 2008
yikes
Last week was a rough week in the house. On Tuesday night, Shane started to feel a little ill and then about 10 pm, he was violently ill, and I mean it was rough. He was sick for 4 hours straight, despite giving himself anti-nausea drugs and a bag of fluid. By about 4 am, he had slowed down and gave himself one more bag of fluid. He was finally able to sleep a few hours and then rested the next day and poor thing went to work Thursday. He said he was better. He came home early though and was going to eat lunch and head down to work on the jet skis and then Callie starts getting sick, everywhere. He helped get it all cleaned up and took Jake downstairs with him. Again, it was about 4 hours of her throwing up but then it was 4 days of runny diapers. By Friday, everyone seemed fine, Jake and I were in the clear and we had company coming that night. Friends from college brought thier two boys, ages 3 and 5, to stay the night. My friend was going to run a 5K race with me the next morning and another friend was going to meet us there from Atlanta. We all headed off to bed a bit before 11 pm and I laid there feeling like I had race jitters worse than I ever have had them before. By 11:30, I was getting sick. So then I had my 4 hours of it, Shane took good care of me, gave me the anti nausea drugs and I slept on the closet or bathroom floor so he could sleep. He had to go downstairs and ask my friend if she wanted him to drive her to the race without me. But our other friend opted not to go since it was storming out so she didn't go either. I tried to get up and get dressed to see everyone but couldn't move more than a few feet at a time. Shane came to check on me and found me laying on the closet floor in my undies, clutching a pair of shorts. He put me in bed and gave me an IV of fluid. Then he took them all to eat breakfast and then they came back, played a bit and left. I have never been that sick in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment