Wednesday, April 30, 2008

yeah, I suck...

at blogging. But this isn't a real blog. It's not for anyone's entertainment, it's just a diary for me. My hands would be toast if I wrote this all out.
Hmmm long time no write, huh? almost 3 weeks. Let's work back and see what I remember. Today...Shane went into work late so he is working late. He called a bit ago and said they had done 10 csections today. Like he said...that is a lot of babies thtat refuse to come out the right way! Anyhoo...after he went to work at 11, we went to the grocery store, came home, made lunch, had a good lunch. Had a good breakfast too. Normally, who thinks breakfast as anything worth noting but I put Callie in a highchair next to Shane because she was going to keep trying to climb in his lap while he was eating. The oatmeal was cooled off enough for jake so we all 4 ate together. It was nice. Well, other than Jake acting out but that is what 4 year old boys do. As he proved later. Callie took a piece of cookie bar and pretended she was talking on a blue tooth. Sign of the times right there. Jake and I took a nap while Callie napped. We told each other stories today.
I have to say, that like most days but more intense than usual, I am relaly, really happy. Despite the stress I should be under with the house being for sale and the general stress that comes with having 2 small children and olny having very small windows for sex, I am extremly happy most of the time. I can't claim to never lose patience but when I have a second to stop and think and even when I don't...one thing comes to my mind the most...wow...is this real? Is this really my husband? How did this happen and why me? I can't believe I have him, or a son or a daughter...I always knew I wanted to be a wife and a mom, have a good friend for a spouse and at least one son and one daughter but I never, ever ever in a million years thought it would feel SO GOOD!
OK, enough of that. We went away this weekend to a wedding. It was for Justice and Scott. It was a drunk fest. It was awesome. Being old sucks because at the ripe old age of 33, I was hurting afterwards! I had a blast and only mildy regret some of the dumb things I said. The kids and Mom and Dad seemed to really have a blast together. I missed all 4 of them a ton but really was happy to have some time to be my old self again. I even sat at the side of the pool in a bikini, chugging beers while I stared at my yucky belly, thinking that after enbough alcohol I might not care. I got a lot of comments on my dress. I am glad I went out at the last minute and got something new. I am also happy I decided to wear my bikini bottoms under it. I may keep that trend up from now on...
Before that, my jet ski is launched!! Shane made me a jet ski. He may not think it is romantic, no one may, but I DO! I think it is one of the coolest things anyone has ever done for me. I know it is a back up for his ski and he built it so I wouldn't be riding his when he wanted to ride it but still...he made it for me. He has a blog thing that is all about his wife's SN build. It's better than any high price thing you could buy because he has worked on it for months.
I have taken Jake out a few times on the sea doo. The starter dies so we have to replace it but it is so nice to head out on a weekday with him to the beach. Not something I would easily be doing if mom and dad weren't here. Speaking of them, we are waiting to see if Dad gets a promotion at his new job. Pretty fast but who is surprised? I tease Mom that this isn't exactly what Forbes described in their article about working millionaires but we all know he is happy and there are a lot of people out there that are going to benefit from him starting a new career.
Ta ta for now. This weekend is the boat parade, weekend after that is a trip to Florence. Then one day after that, I am taking my boy to see Speedracer!!! WOOHOO!!!!

No comments: