Saturday, March 7, 2009

that didn't last long...

almost a year later, I am checking in again. Someone else started a blog and it reminded me that I had one, somewhere. I was looking at the pics I have...that Bradford pear tree is gone. Tornadoes and all. Interesting...I just reread every post. The last one says the weekend after is a trip to Florence...that's when the tornadoes hit. So, that's my excuse for letting the blog slip.
Catching up....where to start?
Working backwards the best I can...
I am on day 3 of the synthetic thyroid medicine and just dozed on the sofa so I think that Candi is right and the exhaustion is my heart. I hope these pills reduce the nodules in my thyroid though. I really don't want to remove them. The B12 shot left a bruise but hasn't seemed to affect me one way or the other. I still don't have my heart fixed yet. So far I know there is nothing structurally wrong with it and there are no blocks in there but the rhythm is still way messed up. I went for a 6+ mile run for the first time Thursday. It wasn't too bad. It made me sad to see how bad my time has gotten when I reread these blog posts. I averaged 9 1/4 minute miles, as opposed to 7 1/4 minute miles a year ago. I had the weight gain in my food/workout log but the run time is also irritating me too. I go to another cardiologist on the 23rd. I think he told Shane he is going to start me on some anti-arrhythmic and that it is possible that after 6 months that will correct the problem and I won't need any more treatment. Right now I have a PVC every 2-8 beats. Or about 14 a minute.
Mom is recovering well. The hormone suppressive therapy is kicking her butt and she has a cold and the expanders hurt all the time. Hopefully all of that will be fixed. The expanders come out late April/early May.
Next weekend we go off for our 10 year wedding anniversary. It is amazing to think of being married that lon and then tacking on the other 3 years we dated and lived together. We're headed to St Simons Island. I am so excited. I will miss my little boogers though.
Shane is modifying my jet ski. I tore my MCL on it last summer. Woo hoo! That was fun but at least it healed quick. He is adding more horsepower. He also has stripped the hull down and is redoing all the exterior. Lots of love, I tell ya! Although, I do know it is also his back up ski incase HIS breaks down. We might take them to the Gulf at the end of April - depending on when they schedule my mom's surgery. I am hoping to redeem myself in the surf after not being able to do anything but not die when we went to Daytona in January.
Jake is a tattletale and grounded for it. He is learning his lesson quickly. We may be done with spankings for him. Talking and losing privileges seems to work.
Callie may be due for a few more in her life. But at least she potty trained as quick and early as Jake.
I missed the MOPS deadlines. Decision time now about a couple of 100 toys. I could donate them outright but I liked the idea of them being available for cheap to mom's who might not normally go to goodwill or some other resale place for toys and that money went back to the children's home. So to keep and store, keep and try again next go around or just give away? Oh yeah, thanks to potty training, I also have 22 cloth diapers to sell or store.
No big plans for tonight. We were going to take Jake to the Fish and Pig, he's been begging for it but he tattled again so it's off for this weekend. I am sure my folks will end up taking them out to eat next weekend anyway.
That's all for now...hopefully I will remember to be a bit more on top of this...

No comments: