Lots of it! The lake is really high...totally cool! We spent the day trying to move the kids from one level of the house to another to keep them from getting too bored. What a way to start a week of Spring Break we are spending at home!
We had out first Grandparent's Day at Jake's school. It was really nice but I hated that Dad was hurting so bad. The kids were adorable. I am looking forward to doing that again. And it's set up nicely...next year I can save their seats and go home and let it be all about them. They probably could have figured it all out this time but wanted me there anywhere. Hats off to them as grandparents for taking time to take Jake to school and get him enough to need no help finding the gym! Well, that and leasing out their perfect house in FL and moving 9 hours away to be near me and the kids. I guess that was a biggie too.
Jake is speeding up on his reading. I think I can get this nailed before he goes back to school. He wants a special lego power miner toy and was given the choice of learning to read or ride a bike without training wheels to get it and he chose reading. I have a feeling he is further ahead than he lets on. He slips up from time to time and blurts out something he reads on a wall or the menu at a restaurant. Cracks me up. Callie is not working on her stuff as much. I have got to buckle down with her but she is drawing stick people. That I noticed today. Her smiley faces get legs and toes. No arms, ears or hair yet though. Still, she won't be 3 until July so I am stoked by it. It doesn't take much to make me all happy anyway.
We took the kids to the movies yesterday. Monsters VS Aliens. I spent most of it in the bathroom while Callie tried to poop. She never would go. Child must have home field advantage. Unless it's a weird place and not convenient for me (like it ever is) like Monday at the cardiologist. That was fun.
So that's all I got. I'm finishing loading some pics for mom and then hoping to relax when Shane is done reading with Jake...

No comments:
Post a Comment