that is how St Simons was but it is just as I remembered it. The feeling of homesick has started to fade but I still wish we lived there. I do love life here. Who wouldn't love the lake? I had started low carb dieting before the trip, to help with the thyroid medicine and to see if that helped me drop this extra weight I have gained. So far so good and I did not get set back from the little trip. I guess that old personal trainer in me still exists somewhere. I actually would love to start training again, I have learned so much more about things that affect weight in women. I have another 10+ pounds to go to fit back into all the old clothes but think I will be there before swim suit season. I cut out wine too. I miss that but tea is fine for now. I know that I have to let me liver focus on just metabolizing fat and it can't do anything but process alcohol if I have wine with dinner. I repeat this to myself every night during after dinner, when I want my glass of Cabernet!
We had Jake's parent-teacher conference today. All in all, she said he does well, but his behavior has been backsliding lately. So we have to work on that. And she kept talking about how he was able to write all the letters and his name before he started. Great for him but bad for Callie...I have not taught her near the same amount of stuff that I had taught Jake by this age. I will make a better effort, I promise!!
I had more to write but this is disorganized as usual, Callie can't get her pants back on!!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment