Weekend...fun. Saturday, really fun. Sunday was the lazy kind of fun. Today? Such a manic Monday. Made worse that I am spoiled rotten by a life that is quite easy in it's normal routine. But today was all off-routine. Normally, my mom comes here at 7:30 and waits for Callie to wake up while I take Jake to school. I get to walk him in and stop to get her and myself and Atlanta paper (we still can't live without the 'big city' paper and they won't deliver to the boondocks.) We work out, gossip about my sister and whoever else in on our shitlist and then she heads home and I shower, surf the net (facebook, mainly) and tidy up, teach Callie a little and then off to get Jake. Nice, huh? Well today, Dad had to have surgery. Nothing life threatening, although inconvenient for him and very painful. We had the most promising buyers come back to look at the house and I had no sitter when I had a cardiologist appt. So I knew all of this when I woke up but lots of little things fell into my path. Shane got the time of the showing wrong. I have to stop bitching here and giggle. I had ran upstairs to get a fresh tshirt and pair of jeans when I heard the door open and a very surprised woman tell my 2 year old hello. I bet she was wondering what the hell a 2 year old was home alone when she came to show the house! I made it through the day but it was NOT the bon bons and bubble bath I am used to!
Saturday we did the Cherry Blossom festival. We ended up eating our pancakes alone, saw one of Jake's classmates and then caught up with Julie, Brad and the twins.
I am starting some heart medicine of some kind with all sorts of funky possible side effects. I researched possible issues with the ever fun thyroid medicine and saw no issues but it does say it could make alcohol abut more intoxicating so I chugged a glass of wine and decided to take it after the kids go to bed. Wink, wink.
I am watching the weather like a hawk. Shane has a pretty long to-do list to get all the water craft ready and I can do NOTHING to help him. Well, only one thing...and that is nag! lol...no seriously, I just try to stay interested and very appreciative that he is coming home and doing all this 'wrenching' so that we can get prune hands for hours for six months of the year. That reminds me...bonus of the heart medicine is that it might help with the Reynauld's so I may not have totally numb hands and feet for the first two months in the water. That would be nice...
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment