That is what Callie yelled when I went in to check o her last night. She has been waking up 2 to about a million times a night lately. I have started going through the guest room, then her bathroom so I can tip toe in there without risking waking her up. Last night though, the A/C was running and she looked so little and cold in that big bed and had kicked her covers off. So I took a deep breathe and risked waking her by recovering her. She sat up and yelled "PUZZLE" then tooted like a grwon, over-weight man and laid back down.
They both say things that I giggle over for days. Jake's latest was over peas. He is a pretty good eater, we have a few veggies and meats he will eat without issue. One of the veggies is little green peas but he prefers them cold and plain. My mom had some left over in fridge when we got back and they looked to have butter on them. I heated some up for Shane but poured Jake's driectly on his plate. He kept making faces and finally told me they had gone bad. So I asked Shane how they were and he said fine. So a few minutes later Jake asks, "Mommy, did you pour out my peas first or Daddy's?" Daddy's, I told him. "Oh," he said, "then I guess all the bad ones were in the bottom." Shane asked him what he would have said if I'd said I'd poured his first and he loked at Shane like he was the biggest dumba#$ - "Then the bad peas would have been on top, Daddy!"
The kids are finishing lunch, no school today. We have painted, dusted, watched educational DVDs with a treat of Tom and Jerry for lunch and now it's time to tackle folding laundry. But - still, there are 2 loads left drying and washing so maybe we'll move on to smething else and come back to that.
I am trying to plan Jake's 5th bday party. We have a big conflict. SIL is getting married the Saturday after his bday. So we have to have the party the weekend before. And usually I like to do cake and playing and then who ever is left by 4 om or so, we all go out on the lake for the first time of the year. But, it will be a week early and I want to invite his school mates, so not enough room on the boat for a lot of kids and parents. And Shane doesn't want to have it here. He says all the parents will stand around and look at each other while the kids run crazy because there isn't anything for the kids to do. When you're a kid, running around crazy IS something to do. And no matter where we have it, he will be standing around bored.
Other things that I don't want to forget that happened today and yesterday...we discovered that Jake can hit a baseball that is thrown to him with pretty good consistancy. Now if only we can correct his aim a bit. And I bribed him with the promise of a Lego Miner toy he has had his eye on if he will learn to ride without training wheels before his birthday. I thought he forgot but he reminded me this morning that we had to make time to go practice!
lost another pound...11 more to go!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment