Thursday, March 12, 2009

One more day

and then I am off on a little mini vacation and wondering if I will relax? I thnk so, the kids will be fine with my parents but I have such a bad habit of letting all the 'what-ifs' enter mu head. I always wonder if I would have been like this if I hadn't lost two babies. I am so looking forward to it. I had a very happy childhood and almost all of it was there. I dont' know how much memory lane Shane will want to go down. I am going to work hard to only drag him to the spots he might find interesting. Fort Fredrica, some slave cabins...Mrs Wilcox's art gallery, Left Bank. I wonder if she will be there so I can say hello? All of the prints in my dining room are from her mother. I forgot to drive him down Sea Island last time we were there, that's a must. And I plan to take tons of pictures of tidal pools for the kids.
I cannot believe it will be our ten year anniversary tomorrow. My life is on the exact path I thought it would be when I was a child but that was a fuzzy idea of what should happen in the course of life. I can't say exactly...I assumed I would work but I get so much enjoyment from being a housewife and stay home mom, that I must have secretly had some fantazies about this job too. Not that I don't get tired of some of the less fabulous tasks...especailly picking up after everyone. And turning laundry right side out. I admit that I only bother to do it for the kids. Shane and I can do it when we go to wear it although the reason for that has long passed...it used to be because we had cats that I allowed myself the excuse...to keep cat hair away but we haven't had cats in over 2 years.
The kids were good today...no spankings or timeouts yet and it's 5 pm!!! God think I am trying to keep up with a little journal about our family life or we'd never rememeber this day! lol
Mom started MediThin today. Dad has the weekend off. Sam and Mandy are coming this weekend. My arms are getting bumpy near my elbows and I am not sure why. I bought some uniform fillers at the resale today. I bought all long sleeve shirts when I could have sworn I bought short sleeve ones. No big deal, I will get him some from the store eventually. Someday, when I am going by and not short on time, which is always. I need to go pick up mny watch. I guess that falls into next week. I researched cell phones today and do not know nay more now than I did yesterday. The internet had an outage today and I didn't check email or facebook until about 1 pm and I had nothing to check! I have read more books this year than I think I did from 2004-2008. Callie is a cuddler so I can curl up with her and a book.
Well, time to go work on more dinner.

No comments: