Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break

It started today. We are not going anywhere. Somehow we always manage to be home during holidays and off on trips when everyone else is at work and school. Jake's 5th bday party is this weekend. I don't know who is more excited, me or him! So far 3 of his classmates have rsvp'ed. One yes and two no's. I figured as much, since it was Spring Break but Charlee's wedding is the Saturday after his bday and then the weekend after that we have company in town so that's out too. But between the twins and all the other work friends and Atlanta friends, we should have a good turn out for him. I am a bit sad not to have it at the house but the farm will make it so much easier. There goes my bday cake in the dining room tradition and my yearly wakeboarding (well, that was broken when I was pregnant with Callie so I should just get over it!) So far on Spring break, we have gone to Kroger. Only to poorly choose the one by Target and find half the cold stuff not for sale! So back again we go tomorrow or Wednesday. And I cleaned out the fridge. I repeat, I cleaned out the fridge. I don't ever want to do that again. Damn counter depth POS. It is so hard to get into all the drawers. I will maim the next person to spill something and not tell me. I give up on anyone cleaning after themselves, just at least let me know in time to not have to chisel it off! The rest of the week is pretty laid back, a little yard bowling, checking out the lake, coloring, that sort of stuff.
We went to the fireworks last night. It was pretty cool. Not a big crowd, 4 bouncy houses and home in time for bed! I was sure we'd be pushing their bedtimes. I had forgotten I wanted to go but Julie reminded me and we met up with them. Mom had her follow up with Paul today and we still don't have a date for the next step of her reconstruction but we know she is ready, as soon as all the paper work goes through. At least 2 more operations for her to be 'done.' Then we gotta get her knees fixed!!

No comments: