I never have time to type this blog when I think of things to type so here are the random things I can remember. I have given no one I know a link to this so hopefully I only do this to keep a little log of life now and days with the kids this little. I think I will like looking back at it.
Jake learned to use the mouse on the computer yesterday. He is in love with a robot making game on the noggin website. He picks a robot from ten choices then it takes him to a screen where he clicks a robot part and puts it on the robot. It is like putting together a puzzle. When he has it all together, the robot does a little dance. Jake also knows how to click an arrow that says "back" and go choose another robot to build. I noticed that he does not go in the numerical order but rather in the order of his favorites, saving what he calls the "super robot" for last. And yesterday Callie started using some of the sign language from her DVDs. I hadn't even bothered trying to teach her sign language since it was such a flop with him but I have played two dvds that teach signs with common words. I am not ashamed to say that I really think I have the two smartest kids ever. good looking too.
On a less happy note, Jake said something today that was hurtful. I don't know if anyone b ut me heard it and I hope the lady didn't hear it...we were getting in line at the grocery store and he is rushing around as usual and he almost runs into the woman in line ahead of us. Most of the time he will run back to me and act shy. This time was no excpetion but he said "Mommy, I don't want to go near her, she scares me." He has never said this about anyone before nad to be honest, she was about the least scray person I have ever seen. She was a younger senior citizen, if that makes sense. Obviously not in her 40s or 50s but no where near needing to hang it up. She was sweet looking. what he said next mortified me..."she is scary because she isn't very pretty and I don't like her." whew. that was a tough one. I haven't talked to him about it yet, not sure if I should or how I should.
I ran today. 24 minutes for my 5k. Better than lat week, that is for sure. I guess taking a day off really does help my time. Shane is working late tonight. They have changed the freelance again and this may be his last long shift at freelance rate. Be careful what you wish for is the lesson for today.
I had a bizarre dream a few nights ago. Refugees running through a 2nd world country and Cameron Diaz had to do it in a port a potty or airplane bathroom (It was hard to tell in this bizarre world) with some guard, who happened to be Martin Lawrance. Weird, very weird. I'll need to start recording which brand wine I drink in case some of them are giving me odd dreams!
Nothing on selling the house but the diapers are selling well. I sold 6 auctions through Buy It Now within an hour or two of listing them and made $240! Two of the other ones have gone past the original BIN price and the other two should sell for $10-20 each. Not too bad!
My dad got a part time job at Lowes today. I am really happy for him. I can't wait to see what he does with it.
Ihave no big plans tomorrow. It is Wednesday, so I have to bring the trash up. That is the extent of my plans. Other than the normal...laundry, vacuum, mop, elliptical, weights. Maybe a little Wii. I want to look up some learning games with words and numbers for Jake to do on the computer. And while he is doing that then Callie is due some colors and shapes time. I wish I could find some flashcards like the ABC ones she likes. It may be my imagination but she is getting a few right!
Well, that's it for now I guess.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment